Trying to find furniture manufacturer of this 1950s mark

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by andi67, Sep 2, 2019.

1. andi67

andi67 New Member

This mark was found inside a drawer of a night stand which has a marble top. It was most likely bought in NYC. Would appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

3. andi67

andi67 New Member

I tried to google what I could read from the mark, but didn't find anything.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is there any way to get a straight-on picture of the stamped info?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. andi67

andi67 New Member

Attached Files:

6. andi67

andi67 New Member

Those are all the photos I have. The night stand has a marble top. I've also included a picture of a dresser that I believe is part of the bedroom set unless the night stands were bought separately, but I don't think so.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

those look more like end tables rather than bedroom night tables.....look a little high for that...
    or........you have a low bed..........:happy::happy::wacky:

8. Bakersgma

Looks that way to me too, Komo.

komokwa likes this.
  9. andi67

andi67 New Member

The night stands are 28 inches high. They were exactly the right height for the bed which is a California King. They appear to match the rest of the bedroom furniture which isn't marked. The wood is the same. My mother's friend told me she thinks the bedroom set may have been custom made in NYC by Lewis Mittman back in the 50's, but that wouldn't explain the marking inside the night stand drawer.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. Bakersgma

In the for what it's worth category, we have seen other furniture with stamps like this that have turned out to identify the manufacturer of the plywood used in construction rather than the furniture itself.

Christmasjoy, komokwa and lloyd249 like this.
  11. andi67

andi67 New Member

Interesting. I didn't know that. I just assumed it was the furniture manufacturer. That makes sense. No wonder I came up with nothing when I googled!

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted