Trying to find more info on this Pottery goat

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jonathanbrill, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

I recently obtained this pottery goat I’m trying to find more info on it it cane with a note saying it’s by loet vardveen but he has none others like it and it’s unsigned

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Jonathan and WELCOME!! I've done it for you today, but in the future, could you please, when posting images, after you have them loaded and ready to post, click on the VERY TOP IMAGE, THAT SAYS "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS A FULL IMAGE"!! That way they will all load as full images, and not as thumbnails!! Thanks so much!!

X324DC9FBE-69BD-42D5-AD85-B0653E773C4F-edit.jpeg
    X328F73ACF-D7F2-425D-8CDE-914FABDD9055-edit.jpeg

X346C909ED-2A62-433F-8C4D-9944039D6431-edit.jpeg

3. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

That’s I’m new to threads and the website I’ll do that for future threads

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Jonathan - did you search for Loet Vanderveen or Loet Vardveen?

kyratango and sabre123 like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A side view maybe? The scale looks correct, but actual size? How do the legs look - his figures seem to have diminutive legs.

Maybe a more accurate name would yield a result. A lot of African animals. Names of African goats?

In this case I'd be inclined to believe the tag.

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Exactly, MOS.

Can we see a picture from the side so we get a better look at the horns and the hair?

komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I guess I may have answered his question on a different thread about the same item.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

Thanks for the feedback, and I apologize for the two threads I don’t plan on doing that again, I’m assuming it’s by Loet vandveen it could be his early work but their are none like it on the internet and it was unsigned so I was trying to make sure the tag is not fake or misplaced

9. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

10. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

11. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

12. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

13. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Vanderveen usually signed his ceramic work with a thick, hand incised "LOET" . Besides his ceramic animals and 1970s people figures, he did a some vases and pots. Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.58.01 AM.png

Bakersgma likes this.
  14. Jonathanbrill

Jonathanbrill New Member

Thanks this animal looks mine but since theirs no signature and the note I found was on top of a little while in the belly it’s harder for me to determine. It’s weird that I can’t find this animal on an existing gallery it could have been made before his house burned down in a fire but just wanted to be sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted