Trying to find the value of these plates (mz czechoslovakia)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Xavuer23124, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Xavuer23124

Xavuer23124 New Member

Hi guys!
    I've had trouble finding the exact same piece as these ones. I think they are after 1945 but I am stuck with finding the same plates. It would be great if you guys could help me! :)

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-12-04 om 16.39.28_c18f0117.jpg
    Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2023-12-04 om 16.39.22_1603eba5.jpg

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Sorry Xav-no monetary values discussed here (much ).

komokwa likes this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

This site (https://myporcelains.com/porcelain-marks/moritz-zdekauer/) says after 1945, so from then to the dissolution of Czechoslovakia (1980s?) would be the time period. We don't discuss values, but suffice to say that china values are much reduced now unless it is of the high quality makers and a desirable item. Particularly reduced are dinner sets as many people now do not entertain the same way that a generation or two ago did.

4. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I am zero help on china but I have to say I really love the calligraphy some one did on a casual box label. I hope they did it professionally because otherwise I need to up my fancy handwriting game!

Aquitaine and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Pretty, but as others have said, china has little value with few exceptions for top brands. I'm afraid they'd be in the donation box if they were in my house.

Looks to me like that's actually printed on the box... :)

komokwa likes this.
  6. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I thought it might be, but the positioning, incomplete follow through line on the g and texture in some areas made me think it was otherwise. Why have your writing over the glass image instead of the white space to the right?

It would make me feel better about my handwriting though. :p

bluumz likes this.
  7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

You can try an image search on the replacements site to try to identify the pattern; otherwise, look at ebay Sold listings for comparables from MZ Czechoslovakia, which are sometimes under Altrolau or Moritz Zdekauer.

Draft saved Draft deleted