Trying to identify German gilded cobalt blue china

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ChrisG, Jan 8, 2022.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

I'm trying to identify a set of old china that has been in my family for a few generations. My best guess on the basis of familial ancestry and movements is that it's from Germany, perhaps late 1800s or early 1900s, possibly from central or eastern Germany. As the photos show, the set is cobalt blue with interior gilding. The maker's marks on the pieces are indistinct and seem to be inconsistent from piece to piece; a couple of specimens are shown below. The marks seem to have been made by hand rather than stamped, but I'm not certain of that. I've scrutinized charts of manufacturers' maker's marks but haven't found anything that seems to match. Nevertheless, I know very little about any of this and so I may be missing obvious clues. Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks for taking a peek.

IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1586.JPG IMG_1584.JPG

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Maybe Nymphenburg?

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  3. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

That's an interesting possibility, Moreotherstuff -- thanks for the suggestion. Nymphenburg has porcelain from the mid-20th century in a similar style, such as here: photograph on Worthpoint. Perhaps my pieces are in an earlier version of the same style, whether Nymphenburg or not.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted