Trying to identify this china.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kkrazykatz, Jan 26, 2020.

1. kkrazykatz

kkrazykatz New Member

It is light weight and translucent. It is also very white so not sure if it is bone china. The numbers on the bottoms are 270 or 276 & 282. My mother had someone look at it and she said if it was made in England the registry mark dates back to 1884.
    Any help identifying these would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, kkrazykats! Can you point out where the "registry mark" is? I cannot find it.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. kkrazykatz

kkrazykatz New Member

I didn't see one either, the squiggles on each are in different directions, so I was not sure what she meant. Unless she was referring to the numbers.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

But the numbers alone, without either "Rd" for registered or "Rd No" for registered number, would not be sufficient. Can we see larger pictures of both pieces?

5. kkrazykatz

kkrazykatz New Member

Hope this works. Had to play around in paint for a file small enough.

Attached Files:

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's a good chance your mom is remembering a different piece with actual registry numbers.

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Usually when I see this combination of pink and gilt I think of Germany. The impressed numbers also make me think Germany. Here is a souvenir shoe with a very similar flower and color combination. They don't show the bottom but they do say it's marked Germany.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-So...152956?hash=item3d9b56a93c:g:F8QAAOSwUEheHldH

upload_2020-1-26_23-32-20.png

This one has a similar type impressed number and center bar on base with a Made in Germany stamp.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Lustr...a=1&pg=2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042
    upload_2020-1-26_23-35-56.png

Bakersgma and SBSVC like this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Bakersgma, judy and SBSVC like this.
  9. kkrazykatz

kkrazykatz New Member

Wow, thank you so much! I should have come here first, it would have saved me the hours I spent searching for the sight of another piece like it. LOL.

judy and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted