Turned Head Horse Statue

Discussion in 'Art' started by Brandon Loubier, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Thanks so much!!!! I was researching alot of his work, and it seems like alot of his pieces have multiple copies. I could find no trace of him making a horse. Do you think it could be valuable being one of a kind?

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I have one of his birds (got it at an estate sale for $1) that I could not find a match for on a Google image search, but frankly I doubt that it's the only 1 in the world. And even if it were the one and only, I sincerely doubt that makes it valuable.

judy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Out of curiosity, Brandon, what state are you in? It would be interesting to know how far from Mt. St. Helens his work got to.

judy likes this.
  4. Pennsylvania. I found the piece in baltimore maryland.

judy likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Wow! That's a long way from home.

6. Yepp! And I guess even if it is not valuable, it's still a cool piece to hold onto

judy and Jivvy like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Be sure to keep a note with the horse about the artist and the source of the material of which it's made. ;)

judy likes this.
  8. Stan Langtwait, and Clay!! Check

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

The source of that clay - is Mount Saint Helens in Washington state, which famously erupted (it's a volcano in the Cascade Mountains) in the 1980, depositing huge quantities of ash over a large area (even made it up to Seattle) and creating a flood of melted snow and ice that washed the ash into the lowlands. That's the important part.

Jivvy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted