Turquoise vs Turquenite or other

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Donna HA, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

I took it as you making fun of my lack of knowledge. Trying times sorry if misunderstood.

2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Everyone make nice now. Too much doo doo in the world right now to get upset over the trivial and we can all make mistakes on how we interpret posts read without inflection or nuance.

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Donna, do you know anyone with a gem tester? Testing the stones may answer some of your questions.

Christmasjoy, KSW and Donna HA like this.
  4. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

I have one and mention the large stone moves a bar or 2. The other 2 it moves 3 to 4 bars. New to me too but using a lot hard with gem stones.

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Yes for sure many stresses of various types including myself. I was thinking in my negative over some stuff happening. My bad thx

Xristina, kyratango, reader and 2 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Donna, maybe you'll enjoy this thread for relaxation, only beautiful, positive and amazing things:

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/a-thing-of-beauty.48247/

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yes, but what do the "bars" mean, what are they marked for? My gem tester has marks for glass, quartz, topaz, ruby, sapphire and diamond among others. Just wondering.

Donna HA likes this.
  8. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Can you tell me the model so I can look at ordering one like that? Mine isn't high end its HDE does a diamond tested on that vs cubic and other but not what stone. I'd love that. All I know is basically it's not just glass, goes from 1 to #8 then diamond.

9. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Came back to look at your necklace again.

Can you show a picture of the entire necklace with clasp, please.

Christmasjoy and Donna HA like this.
  11. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

I had pieces not together from an auction box. No clue what it was but now its a belt and 2 necklaces.

228f.jpg 228a - Copy.jpg

12. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

So you are saying that you put the pieces together to make these items? Was the chain original or something you purchased? I'm assuming the large jump rings were yours.

They look nice. The large flower, and possibly the face may be older, but all the parts look like newer costume jewelry.

Christmasjoy and Donna HA like this.
  13. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

purchased a bunch of vintage jewelry from someone so can't say for sure but broken. I made the 3 pcs how I wanted. Never bought parts used what I have in broken or 1 of stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted