Featured TWO CERAMIC CATS.....Fornasetti ????

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi....I have these two kind of life size ceramic cats that were passed on from my Mother's estate......one I'm pretty sure is Fornacetti, but the other I'm not so sure. The lying Floral cat is 12" in length and 6" at the widest.....that mark on the underside is very clear with another mark off to the side. The other sitting upright Spotted cat is 12" in height and 9" at the widest.....THAT mark is VERY rough and hard to discern. The Spotted cat is the one I am wondering if it is a fake or 'knock off'. Any Fornacetti experts around here, 'cuz I'm certainly not......just what I have found on the internet!!!! ANY and ALL help GREATLY appreciated!!!

FloralCat1.jpg
    FloralCat2.jpg
    FloralCat3.jpg
    FloralCat4.jpg
    FloralCat5.jpg

SpottedCat1.jpg
    SpottedCat2.jpg

SpottedCat3.jpg
    SpottedCat4.jpg
    SpottedCat5.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks good to me....but wthdik.....

judy and KingofThings like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Don't know if it is a copy or the real thing, to me it wouldn't matter. I'd be keeping both.

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I thought I was going to see fornicating cats....
    Damn. Nothing on TV either...
    -
    ;)

5. komokwa

u sure u speak english..? :D:D:rolleyes:

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

The quality on the first cat is absolutely undeniable. It's fantastic.

I hadn't heard of this company, so did a little research on Ebay. These Fornacetti cats sell extremely well, not that you are selling them, but they do realize very high prices. One similar to your first cat sold with damage, two cracks, for over $400. And I like the decoration on yours more-- if in perfect shape you are probably looking at 2-3 times that for value.

The second one looks pretty good to me, but the only thing I can offer is that of the few from this maker under Ebay Completed, there was a variation with how they were stamped and signed, I saw 3 variations for sold pieces. Didn't find the exact mark from the black and white one but for now I think you should assume it is the real deal until you hear otherwise. Additional research needed, but keep safe and sound, as if it is from this maker.

They are great!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  7. Aquitaine

Thanks Lucille.....I do love them!!! I never think to look under the SOLD listings on eBay.....but was blown away at some of the prices that those brand plates sell for!!!!! Actually, the Flowered cat is my favorite.....the Spotted one.....not so much! You've been most helpful!!! Thank you!!!

KingofThings, Lucille.b and judy like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Fornasetti, not with a C. ;) All his stuff sells amazingly.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Fornasetti always brings nice prices. I found four little saucers at the flea market for 2 bucks. Sold for 110!!!!!!! Found a large plate for 60 bucks got greedy asked 400 only got 350.
    greg

KingofThings, Aquitaine and Lucille.b like this.
  10. komokwa

Oh, the black & white one......look at his face....he's just looking for some love !!
    & you know...a cat can't change his spots !! :happy::happy::happy:

KingofThings and Aquitaine like this.
  11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think that is very good advice.

KingofThings and Aquitaine like this.
  12. Aquitaine

KingofThings and Lucille.b like this.
  13. Aquitaine

How do I fix the spelling in the Thread Heading?????? Oh Lordy, I did it in the MAIN post too.....yeesh....guess I'm getting BAD:oops::oops:

komokwa and KingofThings like this.
  14. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I think the Edit tab disappears after a day, but if you still see it on the bottom of your first post, click on "Thread Tools" (upper right) and (edit title).

Note that the title in this link appears both as you've written it and in a little box that allows corrections. You have to do the editing in the box.

If the edit button is gone, don't fret. I've seen worse goofs like the post, "Anyone know Amber?"....

komokwa, KingofThings, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  15. KingofThings

Ummm...yes...
    And to top it off....can spell the word; 'you'. ;)
    ~
    AND I can properly capitalize; 'English'.
    ;)

komokwa and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  16. KingofThings

I'm always entertained by titles. :)

komokwa, Lucille.b and judy like this.
  17. Aquitaine

I'm a little OCD myself, I think, and when I see spelling errors, or others find them, I go NUTZZZZ!!!!!!! I will attempt several DEEP breaths now.........if I could I'd go back and fix them......the fact that I can't is not making me happy either:oops::oops::oops::oops::banhappy::banhappy::banhappy::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

18. KingofThings

I totally get it!!!
    Such things literally leap off the 'page' and smack me in the face.
    ~
    I'm shirley not ferpect ;) and I due take the time too roofpread... ;) butt I sumetimes miss thongs ;) especially whn using my fArt smoNe. ;)

Aquitaine, judy and komokwa like this.
  19. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

In place of "Seconding" all of the above, I will only say "D@mn! I miss my editor!" She recently went to that Big Proofreading Room in the Sky.................insert sad emoji

Aquitaine, judy and KingofThings like this.
  20. komokwa

WE all like Fart Smone !!
    & just today i was asked yet again if i have a cell phone....& when i answered no...everyone ran screaming from the room !!! :wideyed::wideyed::eek::eek::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Aquitaine, judy and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted