Two Glass pieces, American Brilliant?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Sep 15, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I've had these pieces a while, just haven't taken the time to hit you all with them. This first is a decanter or water bottle, 7" tall, 6 1/2" diameter across the bowl, weighs 3 1/2 lbs. The neck has a zipper-type cut going up the sides and 3 sharply cut rings. Deeply cut hobstars and crosshatched other design. I have looked and find no signature, which of course, doesn't mean it isn't there!
    Brilliant Cut Decanter (2).JPG Brilliant Cut Decanter (1).JPG Brilliant Cut Decanter (4).JPG

Next is a tall goblet/vase type thing with similar design elements. The top rim looks as though the glass was scooped out with the tip of a spoon!

Brilliant cut vase (1).JPG Brilliant cut vase (4).JPG Brilliant cut vase (6).JPG

I guess what I'd really like to know is how to describe the pieces and whether they are pressed, cut or both cut and pressed and who a likely suspect might be.

Appreciate any and all input, thanks, folks.

Linda

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. lvetterli

Ooops, sorry, the second piece is 10" tall, 3 1/2" diameter at the top and weighs about 1lb.

Thanks

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

4. lvetterli

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

DizzyDaff, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. lvetterli

So, would these be pressed only or have cut accents? There are places that feel cut to me, the cross-hatching on the pinwheels and the zipper cuts up the sides, but I know I have a lot to learn when it comes to this stuff. @George Nesmith, that link is some serious eye candy and time sink! I didn't find my vase but sure had fun drooling!

Linda

judy likes this.
  7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

If the water bottle is cut, it 's not Heisey.

judy likes this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Either the glass is sick or those are horrible pictures.

This pattern is not in Swan's book, but she says in the section that discusses P&B that they made 3 grades of glass and only the best quality was signed.

judy and i need help like this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Thank you, Bakers! :)

judy likes this.
  11. lvetterli

Yuck! At first I thought that was my bottle and my photo was that awful! That is not the same pattern though. The neck is the same but the bottom, while similar, is different.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

Linda

i need help likes this.
  12. lvetterli

Does anyone have any ideas on the vase?

Linda

13. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Among other things I am loosing, is what was once some limited ability to ID cut glass :(:sorry:. So for what it is worth, the shape of the vase reminds me of Fry. And the pattern looks familiar to Bergen motifs.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted