Two porcelain Chinese lady figurines - quality and age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bookahtoo, May 30, 2015.

1. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

These belong to a friend of mine. He got them from a gentleman whose house he's helping to clean out. I said I'd post them here, so he could be sure he wouldn't sell them for $5 at the flea market if they are worth more.
    Can anyone help with age and quality? I found some similar ones on ebay and by googling, but to be honest, I need help with separating the chaff from the wheat.

DSCN0957.JPG

DSCN0959.JPG

DSCN0958.JPG

DSCN0960.JPG

DSCN0970.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Bookahtoo - I can't tell you too much but certainly worth more than $5. It's a very nice mirrored pair. I have always done well with Geisha statuettes but have no idea what to put on these if they were mine sell. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd find a way to fit them into my already overstuffed house. I'm sure someone will come along who can tell you more.
    Don

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

It seems these statues depict the goddess Guanyin.

4. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Dumb question (just curious) but . . . is it usual to have a "mirrored pair" of the female figures but the bases on which they stand are not "mirrored"?

Draft saved Draft deleted