Featured Two rings, need input?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by spartcom5, Feb 11, 2020.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

Contemplating buying these rings I saw at an antique store. However, neither are marked but I believe them to be Victorian and wanted to get some input on them.

This band is very nice and fits me perfectly. It appears to be art nouveau? maybe early 1900s? hand engraved?
    20200210_154258_resized.jpg 20200210_154308_resized.jpg 20200210_154316_resized.jpg

This ring is quite lovely as well and definitely appears to be Victorian, late 1800s. Opal (bad lighting) and seed pearls.
    20200210_154356_resized.jpg 20200210_154403_resized.jpg

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I think the first one is Victorian too!
    Pretty!!! Nothing's better than a pleasant ring that fits you!:)

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Second one for me please! Love opals :). I dallied about buying an opal ring a short time ago and missed it and now suffering regret.
    Have they been tested for fineness?

4. spartcom5

They have not been tested but I would bet both are 14k. They are priced at $70 for the band and $85 for the opal. I guesstimate the band has about $50 in scrap and the opal is bit heavier maybe $65.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Two beauties. I would say the dating is the other way around. Late 19th century for the band, and the early years of the 20th for the opal and pearl ring.

Kathy Anderson, KikoBlueEyes and KSW like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I like the band also, I agree it's Victorian, not Art Nouveau :)

7. Kathy Anderson

Kathy Anderson Well-Known Member

8. spartcom5

Got the band for myself at $60. It only weighs 1.2 grams! Crazy light but still very cool.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted