Two smaller pieces, one ashtray(?) one lidded incense bowl

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by absolutelydraconic, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Hey all, I've had these two sitting around for a little bit but hadnt gotten around to photographing them. The zodiac bowl may be an ashtray? Not totally sure but it says something about Gyeongju. I can't quite make out the last syllable block, though. The incense bowl is pretty neat, smoke can come out the top dragon and the sides, which is cool. Really love all the detail on the dragon on the top! Zodiac bowl is from Jinju-si and the incense bowl is from Seoul. No idea on ages but I dont think theyre too fresh.
    zodiacbowl.jpg zodiacbowlmark-min.jpg zbu.jpg dibfc.jpg dibbo.jpg dibmm-min.jpg dibot.jpg dibs.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the dragon jar is lovely......and well used...:happy:

Born2it, pearlsnblume and sabre123 like this.
  3. absolutely! i actually used it a little before posting a pic here but did wipe the new ashes out. i like putting some cone incense in and letting the smoke come out the top! the air flow isnt great though so i can't leave it on for too long, sadly

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Those ash trays were in my home, when I was boy. I don't remember that central design being in it. :rolleyes:

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. The central design is Dabotap, a Korean national treasure! Dabotap is located in Gyeongju so I bet the maker was probably in or from Gyeongju