Two Unmarked Decorative Pieces - Help please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LaineyV, Oct 2, 2019.

1. LaineyV

LaineyV Active Member

Hi All

It seems that every time I go to auction I have to visit this site with questions, so sorry in advance!

I'm just about to list these two pieces on eBay but thought I better check that I'm not giving away any masterpieces ;)

The first item is completely unmarked but has a label saying 'Loving Doves'. It is resin (I think) ivory coloured lady and man next to a dovecote - are they dressed in Victorian clothes? Does anyone know the maker?

The second item is again completely unmarked porcelain/china ivory coloured lady - is she dressed in 1920's clothes ? Does anyone know the maker?

Loving Doves 2.jpg

1920s lady.jpg

Many thanks

Laine;)

scoutshouse and Aquitaine like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes re eras of clothing but in modern interpretations of.

Debora

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Laine - both are modern pieces I believe. Your Loving Doves was probably produced in the last two decades. Many items with attached wood bases were imported (mostly from China) and marked with just a foil label. I suspect you are correct - it's resin with hand painted detail. For it's type it is rather nicely done.

A bottom shot of your second statute might help but I'm almost sure it is also a relatively new Chinese product missing its label. I should give you fair warning that these may be tough sells on ebay. Their value is purely decorative and they have unfortunate reputations as dust collectors to buyers today. Please keep an eye on your listing fees.
    Don

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. LaineyV

LaineyV Active Member

Thank you both for your insights! Fab as ever! FYI these are certainly not items I would have in my house but someone will probably love them :shame:

Christmasjoy, scoutshouse and dgbjwc like this.
  5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

See if you can't find an afghan hound for your second lady!

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I knew it was missing something!

Draft saved Draft deleted