Featured Two very different silver bracelets

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Sep 16, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

The bangle tests as silver but unmarked. Odd as quite small so maybe a child’s and very lightweight. Almost didn’t buy it as it felt like base metal but for a few pennies it was worth a risk!. Possibly just low grade silver. Has a join in it that gives but only by a mm or so. Modern?

The chain bracelet I’m liking as it’s heavy at 29g and hangs nicely on your wrist. Slight damage to the clasp.
    Tests very positively as silver with a S stamp and possibly more of a hallmark but too worn to see.
    Is this old or just trying to be?. Feels like it could be and if so may be a keeper but I’ve been hoodwinked before by some foreign silver.
    Is there a name for the tube type chain?
    Love to hear any thoughts
    Thankyou :)

7714A41B-C8EB-4E61-B33A-1AE7C6A02463.jpeg 6509C7CE-2B97-4FA2-895E-45B6A35019A1.jpeg 805E8967-DBAF-49CA-9F31-3C8D3783182A.jpeg 4FDC76F0-2901-4294-906F-47B95E3A3AE5.jpeg 5FFADB40-7C4D-4E53-8AD8-EE29DB685FF4.jpeg FBA961B5-8A95-4EC6-9DC3-5DB97E39A02F.jpeg

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

The snake chain (name for it:)) is Indian, still made today.
    The bangle is Asian made, could be low grade silver or what is called Tibetan silver (with no silver in it:D).
    Not very old, but pretty, and very wearable :)

3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou. There seems to be lots of 'silver' that isn't!. It does test as silver but low grade.
    Think I'm going to keep the snake chain as it's simple and hangs so nicely. I want to say ergonomic but that's probably the wrong word for a piece of jewellery.

4. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

The snake chain is something I will keep my eye out for... I like it!

Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I see, it's like a very thick Pandora bracelet. I will say, those hang very nicely.

Christmasjoy, KSW and kyratango like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It's much heavier than you expect it to be too. I think thicker than a Pandora (although I avoid Pandora and don't think I've ever even picked one up!) it's a similar style though.

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted