Ty beanie baby Spunky with unusual error

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Elsa Pieterse, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Elsa Pieterse

Elsa Pieterse Active Member

Hi guys.
    I found this TY beanie baby and he is missing the last line of the poem on the swing tag.
    I have searched the internet and can't find another Spunky with this error.
    Does this make him more valuable?
    Thanks for always helping this newbie.
    Regards.
    Elsa PicsArt_01-26-02.40.33.jpg PicsArt_01-26-02.40.53.jpg PicsArt_01-26-02.40.12.jpg PicsArt_01-26-02.41.12.jpg

ZeeFinds, Van_Poperin and judy like this.
  2. Van_Poperin

Van_Poperin Well-Known Member

On the one hand, all Beanie Babies with errors are moderately more valuable than their standard counterparts, but the scarcity of a Beanie and its quality are much more significant. This guy has the later PE pellets, rather than PVC, which makes him a release from after BBs got popular. Additionally, he’s not a limited release. Mint PVC versions of the original 8, rarer colourways and designs (elephants, bears) still do well, but otherwise you’re looking at a value of $/£20. Stick him on eBay, someone will love him! I could never resist a Squealer the pig myself!

judy and komokwa like this.
  3. ZeeFinds

ZeeFinds Active Member

I've been taking a dive into these plush toys and another brand called Russ Berrie after a $1 turned into a $56 sale on eBay. You are correct about the errors, just like in other collectible items, the mistakes drive up the prices. From what I gather, the main thing you are looking for are print errors on the swing tag (ear) and tush tag (bottom). In my limited searches I have not seen one with the entire line of the poem missing. I have only seen typos, or smaller bits of omitted info but not a whole line of text.

Take your time and think it over. You can always use a reserve price for a small .35c fee on eBay to test the market. I'm not an expert but I have seen prices in hundreds and a few in the thousands just because it has typos. I just picked up 6 of these for $5 each with the tags and one of them is looking like it might be a $1k. Do your homework. Good luck!

:facepalm: Realized this post is from 5 months ago. I just did a search looking for Beanie Babies info. Did you get a bunch of money? :greedy:

judy and DizzyDaff like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted