Featured U.S. 127 World's Longest Yard Sale Is This Weekend

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

http://www.127yardsale.com/

"The 127 Yard Sale is commonly referred to as “The World's Longest Yard Sale”. That’s because it really is the longest yard sale in the world. To be exact, it’s 690 miles long and the route travels through 6 states; Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama."

Perhaps next year hopefully when the pandemic is over I will check this out for the first time. Anybody going this year? Please post any experiences from previous years if you have any. I've run into people at auctions who rent a spot along the route and sell their finds. I've heard its a lot more junk then gems but that is the case in a lot of venues.

Edit: Previous Thread From 2016 I Forgot About!!!
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/worlds-longest-yardsale-underway.11559/#post-166155

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

@pearlsnblume ^^ This one!! ;)

I already live in a "land of plenty" so really no need to go, I'd just want to go for the fun of going with another Antiquer to have a blast!

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HOW FUN BUT INSANE DOES THAT SOUND!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::joyful::joyful::joyful::smuggrin::smug::singing::singing:

kyratango, lloyd249 and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Could be fun; my only thought would be "don't expect to find any motels open."
    There is an annual several-mile-long sale in WA, and one year my wife and I had to drive from an evening music gig in Eastern WA - Richland - to another in the west - Olympia - the next morning; we thought we'd go partway and find a motel, not knowing about the sale.
    There were no motel rooms to be had anywhere, and we ended up driving all night; found a motel in Chehalis at 4:00 am, and slept 'til 8:00, then off to perform. We'll never do that again.
    The best part though was that we crossed the pass at around 1:00 am with totally clear skies, to see the full moon shining on Mt. Rainier, with a million stars all around.
    It was almost worth the drive.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Maybe some time in the future.
    A number of years ago PBS did a special on people who went to this sale.
    It was certainly fun to watch how it was presented and what was offered.

Figtree3 and lloyd249 like this.
  6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I have been a couple of times. Would LOVE to do it again. But can get very hot. I ALWAYS came back with treasures....Suggestion.....Do the first day, after that most is picked over pretty good.

lloyd249 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted