Featured U.S. Civil War veterans Pin Gold/Enamel-finally an OK piece of Jewelry !

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by bosko69, Jan 22, 2024.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Well GD ! -finally found an decent (not great/but not horrid) piece of jewelry for a Charlie Cheswick price-2 bucks.
    It's a 2 3/4 inch long GF or plate enameled U.S. Civil War Veterans Grand Army of the Potomac pin.Can't find a mark/stamp anywhere on this piece.
    Center Oak Leaf surrounded by the six arm cross-each represents a Corps of the 1860's U.S. Army.
    JoolGAR1.jpg JoolGAR2.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

NIce find for a nice price, bosko.:)
    It is later than the 1860s though, but still antique.
    The hinge and clasp are early 20th century at the earliest, the length of the pin ditto. The clasp could be a replacement, but the hinge looks original.

For the rest I'll leave it to the US joolies.

Dessert58 and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. bosko69

Thanks AJ-Finally stumbled across something decent ! I knew it was a cute piece for 2 bucks,the Civil War tie-in was a cherry on top.Thank you also for the dating estimate-think you're dead-on,1900's-30's ?

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I wouldn't have guessed that to be American.

5. bosko69

I think your spot on MOS-U.S. Civil War Veteran (Grand Army of the Republic/Army of the Potomac).May have even defended Washington City (D.C.).

moreotherstuff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted