U Shape Crossbow Pistol? Name? Real?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Dec 29, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

My friend found this in a storage unit he won at auction. I gave him $20 for it because it has such an unusual shape! Has anyone seen anything like this?

Is this just decorative? (it does shoot the arrow but not far because the bow string is literally a string.
    Thanks for any info

COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 1A.JPG COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 1BAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 5AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 6AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE CROSSBOW PISTOL 6AAA.JPG

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And the bow being metal doesn’t look like it’s meant to bend either......personally, I’d say strictly decorative.....but cool LOOKING!!!

4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

For any *old* Brits reading this - anyone remember the game show that had the phrase "Bernie...the bolt!"?

BoudiccaJones, Houseful and popsycat like this.
  5. journeymagazine

6. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Yes. I remember one occasion when they found someone was phoning from a phone box.

blooey likes this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Apparently called a "potbellied crossbow pistol".

8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Oh yes, health and safety.... there were some premature releases as I remember.

BoudiccaJones and blooey like this.
  9. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I don't *remember* it per se,wasn't born but I do know of it. My Mum told me about it years and years ago... 'twas The Golden Shot and Bob Monkhouse xx

( DO I GET A PRIZE?!!)

komokwa, popsycat and blooey like this.
  10. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

You do indeed! Thanks I could "see" his face but couldn't remember his name ...Bob Monkhouse!

Of course PRIZE your has to be virtual ..how about another old Brit show that nobody remembers (and could never be made today:jawdrop:)

Interesting fact, in the movie made a couple of years later, the naughty schoolboy grew up to be the drummer in the Jimmy Hendrix Experience!

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  11. popsycat

Oooh Blooey, you must be old!

blooey likes this.
  12. journeymagazine

Thank you moreotherstuff!

moreotherstuff likes this.
  13. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Err ....what was that you said? Eh? No not too cold, I've got the heater on.

14. popsycat

Same here .Off to watch Uni Challenge now. Goodnight.

15. journeymagazine

LOL!! Touché blooey!

popsycat likes this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

Not heard of this one!!

**down a bit...left a bit...right a bit...FIRE!!!** my Mum used to regale me with this which is how I know. She left Whacko out of my education. Never heard of it...did you ever see Gurney Slade then @blooey ?

17. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

No - not heard of Gurney Slade ...probably came on after I skipped the UK or quit watching telly, one or the other ...:astronaut::droid::greyalien::cyclops:

Hey look at the time, must hit the sack 1.30am here ...seniors breakfast starts at 4am at Denny's, don't want to be late:dead::hurting::nailbiting:

TraceyB and BoudiccaJones like this.
  18. BoudiccaJones

I only know Gurney Slade because Dave Bowie was interested in it...I've never watched TV. It's...a really...odd programme. Interesting. (Not interesting enough to watch whole eps however xx))
    Enjoy your well earned rest, Sir Blooey! xx

TraceyB likes this.
  19. popsycat

Well, this thread certainly veered off course.

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

so it seems , did that cross bow !!! :hilarious::hilarious:

BoudiccaJones likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted