Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
UK to Ban Ivory
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 350998, member: 25"]I'm not intending to sell anything, so the details are not all that important to me.</p><p>I have to assue that rare and important is stuff that selles for tens of thousands in normal times.It is also a long way fro a proposed bill to a passed act with plenty of chance for the whole thing to be kicked into the long grass.</p><p>At a guess I'd say Labour voters want tio save elephants and conservative voters have pieces of antique ivory, so someone may do the electoral maths. This could lose the government enough support to see it replaced at a general election.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="afantiques, post: 350998, member: 25"]I'm not intending to sell anything, so the details are not all that important to me. I have to assue that rare and important is stuff that selles for tens of thousands in normal times.It is also a long way fro a proposed bill to a passed act with plenty of chance for the whole thing to be kicked into the long grass. At a guess I'd say Labour voters want tio save elephants and conservative voters have pieces of antique ivory, so someone may do the electoral maths. This could lose the government enough support to see it replaced at a general election.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
UK to Ban Ivory
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...