Featured UKRAINIAN POTTERY

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Natasha, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Natasha

Natasha Well-Known Member

Hello everybody,
    I just came back from a trip to the museum-reserve of Ukrainian pottery. The place itself is worth telling about. It was very famous in the XVIII century and its pottery (including dinnerware and kitchen stuff) was sent to many European countries. The place has vast deposits of eco clean red clay, that's how it became a center of pottery here. Unfortunately, there is no space here to tell more. For those who are interested to learn about this place (or maybe to visit it) I will send more information at your request. For now, just would like to show you a piece I brought. It was handmade in 1970. Though there were a lot of vases, dishes, decorative pieces, I picked up this one, as I was attracted to this fairytale horse. PA260459.JPG PA260460.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is lovely, Natasha. I would have bought it.

Lucille.b, cxgirl and judy like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Looks very much like the mid century stuff out of Italy.

cxgirl likes this.
  4. Natasha

Really? Very interesting........

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Very nice! I would never have thought Ukrainian. I learned something today. Thank you for sharing.
    Don

cxgirl and judy like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

I remember, they were mostly bulls I think. I like this horse better.

7. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Thanks for the "lesson" ............... and for giving me ANOTHER place for my list of places I will probably never get to visit!!!!:(:(:(

8. Natasha

You never know. Every year the museum organizes an international pottery symposium. Last year people from eight European countries participated in this event. And two years ago there were people from the US there. I know that, as I went with them to translate. And they liked it there and bought a few items.

cxgirl likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Don't worry Mansons, you're not the only one. I was born with a rare genetic disease which leads to countless other diseases. Every simple cold could cause yet another flare-up of endemic encephalitis, which means it is always a death threat. According to my neurologist I should have died years ago. My only holidays are 10 minute round trips to the post office, which isn't all that exciting but extremely exhausting.
    The only relaxation is looking at beautiful things, and I thank Natasha and many others on this forum for giving me that opportunity.

10. Natasha

For you, Any Jewelry, and for others, who have little chances to visit this place, I am sending the link to the short video on Youtube dedicated to the 100th birth anniversary of the artisan who made this horse. It's in Ukrainian but you can see his artworks.

cxgirl and anundverkaufen like this.
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

One would never get that impression from your always informative, and interesting posts, that you suffer health issues.

My hats off to you. Your smile comes through with every post.

:cat:

Lucille.b, cxgirl and SBSVC like this.
  12. judy

judy Well-Known Member

13. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Does the artist still live?

14. Any Jewelry

Thank you Natasha, a beautiful gift. His work is stunning, I can see that for you the horse isn't just a beautiful piece, but also a link to a remarkable artist.
    I loved the music too. It is the kind of singing that touches the soul.

cxgirl likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Thanks Judy. I think that suffering ill-health from an early age also forces you to decide what mind-set is best to live as good a life as possible. And believe me, I have enjoyed a lot of things in my life, and still do.
    As I said, beauty is important to me, it helps to relax and reset my brain. They should have beauty therapy in every health facility.

16. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

You certainly chose the right path.
    My good fortune to know you through this forum.:shame:

Lucille.b and cxgirl like this.
  17. Natasha

No, he had died already

18. judy

judy Well-Known Member

He had quite a gift.

Any Jewelry and cxgirl like this.
  19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

You are a true inspiration.

20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Love the horse, thank-you for sharing this and the video Natasha:)
    As pearls said, you are a true inspiration Any Jewelry! I love reading your posts, they are always polite and informative, and your passion for items comes through in your words:)

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted