Unique Unkown M. Delelande Villedieu Copper Item

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Amanda Terry, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

Hi! I would like to know what in the world this copper (?) item is. The stamp on the bottom is circular with MDelalande 50 Villedieu France and a silver colored sticker that I cannot make out. It looks like some sort of scoop with 3 legs, 2 small lips on the backside, and a wooden handle. It is about 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. It stands about 2+ inches tall. I cannot find any information on this because when I look up the stamp I only get cookware information. Thank you in advance for any information!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

You must have your setting on 'private' as we aren't allowed to view your pictures.

3. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

Oh no! I haven’t figured out how to change that. I’m working on it though. Thank you for pointing that out!

4. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

5. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

6. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

I was able to add the pictures to the original post. Sorry about all that!

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Idle guess here: maybe someone took an old scoop and converted it to an ashtray by adding legs and cigarette rests. Maybe the scoop was used originally to remove ash from an old stove or fireplace?

8. wiscbirddog

Great job figuring out how to post the photos! Next time just be sure & select 'full image' instead of letting it default to thumbnails.

Since you mention cookware, I'll bet it was a flour scoop that someone repurposed as moreotherstuff said.

Just so others can see the marking better I cropped it & changed its position a bit.
    1a.jpg

Anouchka FG likes this.
  9. wiscbirddog

10. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

Thank you so much for that information! And, thank you for fixing my photo for me :). I did find that article, but I appreciate you posting it on here as well. I just wish I could make out what the silver sticker says on the bottom. I wonder if it was before or after WWII. Thank you again!

11. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

That’s funny because my first inclination was something used at a fireplace as well.

12. Amanda Terry

Amanda Terry New Member

Ah, I see in that website Delalande was made from
    64 - 89 :) Obviously post ww2

wiscbirddog likes this.
  13. Anouchka FG

Anouchka FG Active Member

Yes, flour scoop!