Featured Unknown 1930's sherbet glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LMCheney, Dec 2, 2022.

1. LMCheney

LMCheney New Member

I have a set of sherbet glasses I inherited from my grandmother I'd like to know more about. I know they were made in the early to mid 1930's, purchased in Minnesota, and were apparently very expensive at the time. They are blown glass in a fine line optic pattern, the bowl and stem are one piece joined to a base. Dimensions are 3.5" wide and 4.5" high. sherbertglass.jpg
    I have had no luck finding anything about these. I've seen one other set listed on ebay, but the seller was equally clueless as to their origins. If you know anything, or even have a good guess please let me know.

2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

4. LMCheney

LMCheney New Member

dude and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Tiffin 15042 Yellow Mandarin. Best guess.

dude and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

janetpjohn and Bakersgma like this.
  7. LMCheney

LMCheney New Member

That's it. The shape, size, and pattern are identical. Which means I'm probably doomed to never know where they came from other than a vague "expensive wedding gift from one of the lake people". Anyway, thank you for all the help, even if it turned out to be a great unknown.

TallCakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted