Featured Unknown artifact found in ceiling

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Designcharm, Jun 10, 2019.

1. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Perhaps he will help them when they want to sell. :)

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I first heard this about 20 years ago from a friend of mine... a woman with one parent Catholic (Irish, though) and one Jewish.

I though she was an atheist -- until she bought the statue and buried it in the yard. :hilarious:

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Well, this has been an interesting thread to read... despite the fact that @Designcharm hasn't returned yet with more information. I hope that she does!

Jivvy and Aquitaine like this.
  4. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Excellent article, thanks for posting this. I’ve been collecting some “pre-Colombian” stuff and I have no idea if what I’m buying is real or fake. I guess I’m not alone!!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I have nothing to add except to share that I have a close friend who’s also 1/2 Catholic and 1/2 Jewish and refers to herself as a Cashew!

BTW my heritage is Jewish on all sides and I would never be offended by finding a hidden Catholic item in a purchased property. I’ve never heard of this tradition until this thread but I think it’s wonderful.

Draft saved Draft deleted