Unknown Signature Marks - Blue and White Saucers (Any tips?)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by northbeach, Mar 16, 2019.

1. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Still crossed T's I think.

i need help likes this.
  2. northbeach

northbeach New Member

Ah, that last mark came from an auctioneer who noted, "At the rear of the plate the mark of Tichelaar with the two crossed swords and the Makkum coat of arms." That comes from a 1950s work, but I have seen the swords used on earlier Makkum objects as well. I wonder if Tichelaar in Holland has a museum or gallery with some of the early signed works on display. :)

3. Em71

Em71 New Member

Hi. I hope you don't mind me popping in with a question also Makkum related.... I am having trouble dating this mug and can find nothing to match the markings. Just wondering if in your search you have seen anything similar? Many thanks :)[​IMG]

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

northbeach is what we call a hit and run member...
    joined mar16.....last seen march 18

You should start your own thread for this nice mug !!!

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi EM71!

Welcome to Antiquers...........

Please follow Komokwa's wise advice and start your own thread. Your post may go completely unnoticed otherwise.

komokwa, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not sure if this is the artist of your mug but this information is from the book I had cited above. This artist with a very similar sig worked at the factory during a time that does match the mark time period.
    img20190823_122343.jpg

komokwa and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted