Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Unmarked Bone China Cup/Saucer, Old?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="say_it_slowly, post: 344726, member: 50"]This site gives some information on cup handles. The "7" handle shown are Spode and Miles Mason. Miles Mason was early 19th C so the date could be early-ish.</p><p><br /></p><p>Seeing the base could be helpful. Also look for impressed marks or even small marks on the inside of the footrim.</p><p><br /></p><p>I have a teabowl saucer with gilt flowers that is somewhat similar that my notes say is Chamberlain Worcester late 18th C. I'm not suggesting your is that, just that it was popular early and may have been for a long time.</p><p><br /></p><p>Many patterns are well documented so it might be possible to find. I'll look through a few books when I get a chance (babysitting a crawler at the moment).</p><p><br /></p><p><a href="http://www.chinacupboard.co.uk/cups2.htm#others" target="_blank" class="externalLink ProxyLink" data-proxy-href="http://www.chinacupboard.co.uk/cups2.htm#others" rel="nofollow">http://www.chinacupboard.co.uk/cups2.htm#others</a>[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="say_it_slowly, post: 344726, member: 50"]This site gives some information on cup handles. The "7" handle shown are Spode and Miles Mason. Miles Mason was early 19th C so the date could be early-ish. Seeing the base could be helpful. Also look for impressed marks or even small marks on the inside of the footrim. I have a teabowl saucer with gilt flowers that is somewhat similar that my notes say is Chamberlain Worcester late 18th C. I'm not suggesting your is that, just that it was popular early and may have been for a long time. Many patterns are well documented so it might be possible to find. I'll look through a few books when I get a chance (babysitting a crawler at the moment). [URL]http://www.chinacupboard.co.uk/cups2.htm#others[/URL][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Unmarked Bone China Cup/Saucer, Old?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...