Unusual glass vase help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Louise88, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Louise88

Louise88 Well-Known Member

Hi there

Could anyone tell me who may have made this vase, or what this style is called? This is the only photo I have.

20200426_173337.jpg
    20200426_173337.jpg

Thank you.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know if there is a better name for them but if you search coil stem or coil base glass vase you should find a bunch.

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Hi @Louise88,
    Didn't we have a small exchange earlier about your vase? My post and your comment appear to be missing now? Oh well, as long as you have the answer you were looking for.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/462885667950034340/
    Here is another "similar" vase for you to use in your search, if needed.

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

flipper - that is a link to Pinterest - the most unlikely site on the internet to have relevant information for antiques or collectibles.

Did you read the information for that vase you linked to? There wasn't any - just a bunch of spammy keywords.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I think this form is typically Sooner glass, made in Oklahoma.

6. flipper

" Hand blown glass lilies stretch glass " brings up a host of them.

Plus, my original link with concise information was deleted, somehow.

7. aaroncab

Just an FYI - this(OP's item) is not stretch glass. I don't doubt you found some search results where similar items come up in a search for stretch glass.

Here is a page with some examples of actual stretch glass:

http://www.ddoty.com/stretch.html

http://www.glassencyclopedia.com/stretchglass.html

8. flipper

Thank you for the information. I didn't know that. I was just referring the spammy keywords on Pinterest. Many times, if you highlight some of the words and search you can find what you are looking for. But, I think the first link proved beneficial.

9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I think the vase Louise is showing may be a recent import. Possibly from China. The search for coiled vase brings up a lot of Fort Smith Glass, Arkansas Glass, or Sooner as Aaron said.
    Which this isn't.

The vase shown by Louise can be found frequently in thrift stores. Maybe a florist item.

BoudiccaJones, cxgirl and aaroncab like this.
  10. aaroncab

I think you're right - although the form resembles some of the Sooner glass pieces, it isn't really an exact match, and sooner glass is never completely clear like this one is. Thanks Pat!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted