Featured Unusual lamp combo ?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Drew, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Electric w/ candle holders - seems to be 1930's - 40's vintage - sockets and porcelain/brass inserts seem to be this era. The wrought iron work looks like the style typical of 1920's - 40's. Wiring more recent. s-l1600 (13).jpg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I think this is new and made to be decorative. May have been assembled from old odd bits and pieces. I could be totally wrong about this, please wait for the opinions of others..

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

So I'm guessing that if it had a shade that it went up in flames. What an odd lamp.

Sandra, Bronwen, scoutshouse and 2 others like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Sure looks like a marriage. The way the color of metal changes is suspect for a start.

I do think some of the pieces are older. It almost looks like the base was just a candle holder, then someone added that stem etc on top. The double light with the pull cords looks 20s-40s, and wouldn't be surprised if the base was older too. Whole thing does look altered though. I think your guess that it is a "combo" is correct.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That's a real dog's breakfast of a design.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! THAT'S a REALLY COOL PHRASE, MOS!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::singing::singing::singing:

moreotherstuff likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And I'm betting the whole top part was never there!! Love it....if I had it....it would be removed!!!! OR they drilled a hole and removed a top pointed part that might have matched the rest to put the electrified part on......! LOVE the candle holders and whole UN-electrified parts!!!!

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

9. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

If your plans are to sell, I'd part it out. Some lamp refurbishing person would snap up the twin cluster/finial. Not sure about trying to sell the whole 'dog's breakfast' (lol).

moreotherstuff and antidiem like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted