Featured USA #230 pottery whatchamacallit vase? Who dunnit? TYIA

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Dec 4, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

80990BC2-7607-4AEC-8DDC-E803452FC5EF.jpeg 809AACAE-75FF-42BD-B646-18E2DABD83E9.jpeg
    hi,

Do you think this is McCoy? The only thing remotely close says it is but it’s really not the same. I thought I’d be able to search the bottom number and come up with something but... I guess this is a vase but what you you call the loops on the sides? Approx 5 3/8” tall.
    Thank you in advance for any info

P.S. Look Ma, no sideways photo this time. (Don’t ask me how).

ulilwitch, judy, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like McCoy to me, I don't think they marked their bottoms USA, but I could be wrong!

3. gauntlettgems

And I am especially no good at pottery but I’m trying to learn!

ulilwitch, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

You should hang around more often !!! :happy::happy::happy::rolleyes:

6. gauntlettgems

Wow! Thank you so much Do you mind looking at one more piece that no one in many forums has been able to identify?

@crowleys

I've tried everything and can not come up with anything even close I hope you do not mind Thank you for all of the help 705E4AE2-B595-4193-98C6-853353DA74BA_1_201_a.jpeg
    C41238A4-90A7-4260-BE75-DD85A669ACBA_1_201_a.jpeg 8DD22E88-F01B-4D02-9CB5-C39CD3D2F981.jpeg

judy likes this.
  7. crowleys

Have you posted it on this board before? I don't recognize it and the mark just isn't readable. I'll keep thinking about it.

8. gauntlettgems

I did a while ago. No one was certain about much of anything about it. It’s stumped everyone! Ty for looking

9. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

The blue reminds me of Haeger pottery.

10. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

OK, I need to correct my post...checking my books I found that McCoy did use USA, but it looks like it was used with one of their maker's marks followed by "Made in USA". I didn't see any examples with just USA and none with a number on the base :)

i need help and gauntlettgems like this.
  11. gauntlettgems

Thank you for the info!!

12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The only American pottery I'm aware of that consistently used a slash in their mark was Robinson Ransbottom. That might be an avenue to investigate regarding the blue vase. You can rule out the rest of usual suspects (McCoy, Shawnee, Hull, Haeger, etc.).

As for McCoy, a variety of marks were used. You can find only the letters USA with production numbers on some of their later pieces, primarily kitchenware and cookie jars.

gauntlettgems and crowleys like this.
  13. Hjarta

Hjarta Member

Here’s the McCoy and Camark marks if that helps.
    ADA9E818-62BB-4A89-9092-694EA32EE867.jpeg
    0B311C00-A781-4CD3-856E-F4A77AEC5DAF.jpeg

14. crowleys

15. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's not in my RRP Co. book, but that was my thought as well, because of the slash mark.

16. gauntlettgems

Thank you guys so much. I’m always learning in this business and I have a lot to learn about pottery

Draft saved Draft deleted