Value of these pottery plates?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DivasFinds, Apr 19, 2018.

1. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

Found these plates in a storage auction, the dinner plates say Ann (?) Werner on the back, excellent condition but one appears chipped on the rim. Also have this platter w a funny mark on the back....any insight to value or brand??

Attached Files:

2. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Looks like stoneware. Popular in the 70s through 90s. Sorry, no idea who made it.

3. DivasFinds

DivasFinds Well-Known Member

So is it not pottery at all?

4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Stoneware is a more specific type of pottery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoneware

As to the value of stoneware plates - they look pretty typical of 70's 80's stuff that I see a lot of in second hand stores for quite cheap - although I have no idea if these are from a more desirable maker. I'm not finding anything on Ann Werner in a cursory search.

Duprey likes this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Donaee - Your Werner plates are most likely studio pottery. Their value is purely decorative unless you can find someone who collects her work. She may be an artist local to your area.

As to the platter, I agree with the folks above. It was mass produced in a style popular in the 1970's and 1980's. You could probably track down the mark but I doubt is has much value. This style is pretty common on the secondary market right now and not many collectors are interested yet. That could change eventually but not likely anytime soon.
    Don

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted