Featured Vase with design - any famous manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tinytim, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Tinytim

Tinytim Active Member

Hi everyone

Do you know which type of vase is this. Is this from some famous manufacturers

I have not been able to locate any signature at the bottom or on the rim. Any other place I should look? It’s rather heavy. The flower design is only on one side of the vase.

Any ideas or leads would be helpful. Thanks.

Pardon my shoddy photos tried to provide a white background so the vase design is clear. B3890E6F-494D-4772-B32B-1D8AA889EBB8.jpeg 501F435F-4F9E-4F4F-931D-45CA6C581EC3.jpeg 88A4F4C9-97AC-4376-947A-3E3BDE11B230.jpeg 9F032BC4-78E4-4405-A091-8BBA5F24B792.jpeg 517EA362-89D3-462C-8C33-6465B17FC8BA.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The photos are fine, we can see different views of the vase, in focus, against a white background.:) That is more than we get from many other people.

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

What AJ said! I'm no help with the vase, but it is SO nice to see photographs of the object in question, all by itself, with a white background! Usually we get an item propped up on a chair, in the juck room, along with a myriad of old socks, storm windows, hideous plaster lamps, weird masks, etc...

Oh -- and often the light is BEHIND the object!

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'd be looking at French glass makers. If no luck, then I would move to Czechoslovakian glass makers.

I'd place it in the Art Deco period.

Gorgeous piece.

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Beautiful Vase!
    Agree photos are very good because you show FULL SIZE !!! :wideyed: We can see them!

komokwa and James Conrad like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

7. Tinytim

Tinytim Active Member

OMG clutteredcloset pretty close.

More Importantly this has opened up 2 more items I have. Will post picture of a perfume bottle.

Another is a bar set which I’ll take time to locate

8. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Amen
    Sorry, i know nada about your vase.

pearlsnblume, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That floral etching is typically Bohemian.

10. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Hi TT, Love the vase. It's quite gorgeous. Are the flowers on the front etched or engraved?

11. Tinytim

Tinytim Active Member

The flowers in front are engraved

12. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Beautiful. I really hope someone here can help you identify it. They are a very knowledgeable bunch. ;)

13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I have nothing helpful to add but it’s beautiful!

cxgirl and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted