Featured Vendome ring ?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Xristina, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well, given the times we're living in.. :(
    I have this ring and I need your opinion about it.. it is not marked, but test as sterling. On the inside of the band has "pat. 2.961.855" and no other markings. Accordingly to Google, this patent number is attributed to Vendome ? It kind of resembles some other Vendome rings with the square band... but I couldn't find any sterling Vendome ring anywhere.. maybe is just plated ? Thank you all for taking a look.. :)

PS: I don't know if this happens only to me, but from time to time I don't get the "new thread" notifications at all. They don't go to spam, they just don't come at all to my email.. is there anything I need to do and I'm not doing it ?

IMG_5389.JPG IMG_5390.JPG IMG_5391.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

check in more often???:playful::playful::playful:

interesting brutalist style ring....
    I've never seen such a band !!

3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

could you either give a link to where the patent number was found or give the whole info you've seen there, please ?
    is it Vendome or Vendôme or Thierry Vendome ? or Place Vendôme ?;)

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Looking at other Vendome rings, this seems to fit unless some other maker used that shank for some reason. Based on the unusual shank, which they call "adjustable", all the signed Vendome rings I looked at seem to have that.

So you are getting a positive sterling test? I noticed Vendome did a few pearl screwback pearl earrings with sterling, but very simple design, nothing like this. Curious, does the adjustable component work well? Is there a little stretch cord in there or something? It's a nice piece!

On your question about notifications, I've stopped getting them as well months ago. (Gmail). Once in a blue moon one will come through but many times I've thought a thread I posted was pretty much done, only to find several more responses in there, and then I've felt bad for not acknowledging them. Not ideal because the notifications are what keep things active. You can check back frequently but not sure everyone (for example new members) knows or remembers to do that.

George Chaney, Hi2022 and Xristina like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

A lot of costume makers switched to silver during WWII, does the patent date to that time?

Hi2022 and Xristina like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's possible this is sterling, but...? Vendome (Coro) did use it during WWII. Not sure about later, and the brutalist era would be late indeed.

Hi2022 and Xristina like this.
  7. Xristina

Mine either ! That's why I bought it, it's unusual.. when I bough it, I couldn't read the marking inside the band (forgot my glasses at home) and I was hoping it will say something like 925 or Sterling.. that would have been much easier.. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

https://hautehistoryvintage.com/pro...me-cocktail-ring-with-adjustable-square-shank

Mine doesn't look adjustable, but I will check again tonight.. I tested it with 18k gold solution and it turns blue (band or setting).

About the notification, I was thinking maybe it does that because I don't actually respond to topics? I do log in pretty often, read the new topics, but don't write a lot.. :watching::watching:

I will have to check that, didn't think about it.. thank you !:happy:

I know, right ? :confused::confused::confused:

Hi2022, Fid and komokwa like this.
  8. Xristina

I've checked again and the ring is slightly adjustable.. the square band pulls out a little bit.. thank you for asking, I wouldn't have thought to check... ;):happy:

Hi2022 and Fid like this.
  9. Eric Yantz

Eric Yantz New Member

Patent was granted Nov 1960.

Draft saved Draft deleted