Featured Very interesting? cabinet card photograph.

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by bercrystal, Apr 16, 2021.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have always liked to scroll through a seller's other listings when I find something I am interested in & will often time looked at the completed listings also. I have learned a great deal over the years regarding unusual items that bring big bucks. :happy::happy:

Even though I do not know a lot about photographs I would have grabbed this one just due to the subject matter. However, the ending price would have made me fall off my chair. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Anyway, I just had to share this with the forum. :D:D:D

MISS UNO covered in Lizards! Cabinet Card Sideshow Circus Freak 4x6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MISS-UNO-c...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This seller has done very well for themselves in the past couple of months. For another amazing ending check out the 1925 NFL programs he sold. :jawdrop::jawdrop::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Looks like she LOVED her Iguanas and other dragon beasties!!!!!!!
    But the price for that card............Y I K E S !!!!!:banghead::facepalm::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Particularly when bidding started at $50!!!! I wish I owned that card LOL!!

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The back says Snake Charmer I think so I guess iguanas were a side show sideline.:D

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The hairdo shows that she was a so-called Circassian performer. They often were featured in circuses and other shows. Supposedly from the Circassian region, many of them were from other countries (the U.S. for example) and just made up to look this way. That's an interesting image, and some people do collect this sort of thing. The photo and card don't appear to be in great condition, though.

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted