Featured Very rare Ella Mae Morse 1954

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Out of all the rare vintage vinyl in my collection, this is ultimately my very favourite record.

This is a very rare 1954 Capitol Records 10 inch 33 rpm pressing of Ella Mae Morse/Barrelhouse Boogie & The Blues.

There are very few that have been on the vintage record market, and very few available in this condition. The vinyl is in impeccable condition and plays amazing. The cover, for it’s year and age, is one of the better condition ones going.

For those not familiar with Ella she was the voice of Capitol Records throughout the 1940’s & 50’s. Her first hit for Capitol was Cow Cow Boogie in 1942.

D536CA4C-FF31-44CA-A59B-59C7470760FC.jpeg 8D0A7D24-D777-403C-975A-32C73AA9BFCD.jpeg AFAD324D-C85E-48D3-B294-42BD1069C4AF.jpeg A9B45EB2-A293-41AD-A421-ED9B8F93A2D9.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. Vintage Maven

Cow Cow Boogie by Ella Mae Morse 1942

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

that's adorable, thanks for the introduction to Ella Mae Morse! Looks to be fun songs on your record too! thanks for the info

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  4. Vintage Maven

Thank You! I just love Ella, she’s amazing.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. antidiem

Thanks I am looking her up now!

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  6. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

Wow - thanks for the introduction ! Looks like there's a reasonable amount of material to listen to on ytube.

7. Vintage Maven

You are very welcome @antidiem @Tom Mackay and many others on Antiquers that I’ve gotten to know. I will share some more of my vintage vinyl collection soon. Maybe I have some other gems you may not of heard of, I have a collection of records that dates back to 1950 most of them them are as near mint condition as possible. I am always happy to share the music with those who enjoy it as much as I do.

antidiem and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. Vintage Maven

One last encore by Ella!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. antidiem

i am not sure if that's a youtube video or not, but for unknown reasons, the outcome is 'video unavailable' , this happened with another video post of ella mae you made, but I was able to find her on youtube. so i just wanted to let you know that these couple of videos didn't come through, really not a complaint!

Vintage Maven likes this.
  10. antidiem

11. Vintage Maven

No complaint taken @antidiem Those darn You Tube videos. Sorry to those if the videos can’t be played; I did post them from You Tube, but I am happy you were able to find them and play them there.

antidiem likes this.
  12. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

DSC08422 (2).JPG vintage phono graff.JPG DSC08690.JPG I especially like to collect autographed ones i have a few now

antidiem and Vintage Maven like this.
  13. Vintage Maven

Wow! I would absolutely love to look through your record collection @lloyd249 I’m totally loving the antique record player as well (what year is that one from? I am looking at one that is around that time period that is in full working order, although I don’t have any 78 rpm’s to play, unless you count a six-book of them I have by Ethel Merman/Annie Get Your Gun) Thank you for sharing this, love it!

Christmasjoy, antidiem and lloyd249 like this.
  14. Vintage Maven

Sorry @lloyd249 I added a question to my reply after you liked it, I hope you see the question. Thank You

Christmasjoy and antidiem like this.
  15. lloyd249

i have been collecting albums for ,since i was 14 and working for kelly's stereo mart in 1974 , the record bug caught me lol , i play the drums also , i have some vintage guitars and amps , used to run the band near zero in my basement they loved to play my records too lol ,i have a hand full of 78's about 10 or 12 , few old bach and beethoven

antidiem and Vintage Maven like this.
  16. lloyd249

i have old beatles on apple and ,elvis , rolling stones and led zep all from the 70/80/90's too much to list lol beatles white album , and meet the beatles on capitol , london imports , lol a lot, but i bought them to listen to not to collect back then so some are rough .

17. Vintage Maven

Wow! Sounds like you have an impressive record collection, I salute you! I have had the record bug from the cradle myself, I grew up in a very musical household, sometimes I consider that the best education I ever had.

lloyd249, Christmasjoy and antidiem like this.
  18. lloyd249

ask again

Christmasjoy and antidiem like this.
  19. Vintage Maven

Oh, I was just wondering what year that record player is from, because I’m looking at a similar one with a dark wooden cabinet, it is in full operational order, the one I am pondering is from the late 1920’s early 1930’s.

lloyd249, Christmasjoy and antidiem like this.
  20. lloyd249

i have this hooked up beside me in my kitchen lol pounds 500 watts at 4 ohms DSC08692.JPG DSC08694.JPG DSC08693.JPG 18 inch subs , the system was from the church lol got it for 20 bucks for the speakers and 5 for the amp

Draft saved Draft deleted