Featured very small gold pin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Zinnie, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

I have searched high and low for GH mark to no avail. I know you guys will pin it within seconds. :) Not to outdo a recent fabulous gold buy @spartcom5 :D, I 'found' this baby-size pin in a box marked $1 each (or some very affordable amount) at an estate sale decades ago. All the more valuable treasures had been separated out and put elsewhere but they somehow missed this little one.

At the pay table, the cashier was very much at odds with selling it to me but I remained adamant I should get it for the price listed. I can't recall now if she asked someone or just sold it to me anyway. But I know I didn't pay more. Maybe it isn't worth all that much either to have made a big deal of it back then. But I've kept it safely put away so as not to lose it. :( I need to start wearing it somehow.

So any ideas on maker GH? I haven't found that to be a gold mark - one site said it was the mfg (on a ring) but nothing came of that either. And was it made in 1910? Really, I have no clue how to read these stamps. Thanks so much and Happy New Year! GH-pin-front_750w_0145.jpg GH-pin-back_0154.jpg GH-pin-side_750w_0157.jpg

Christmasjoy, kyratango and Xristina like this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like a die stamped brass longerie pin with a patent date in 1910.You might be able to search patent dates 1910 for a GH company name.

3. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks Hollyblue! Brass would make more sense then as per no fuss resulting at the sale. The cashier said it was gold, though, so I've always believed that. The memories are vague as well. There is some verdigris on it also but I read that can happen on gold pieces too, so still wasn't sure. The stick pin has a spot of decay that doesn't go along with a gold piece, however, so that's a good clue as well.

I will give searching patent dates a try. And I'm guessing you mean lingerie pin (american spelling)? Thanks again.

judy, Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Zinnie,
    I am soooooo glad you found my pin. It has been missing for years. How do I know it is mine? It is very easy, it has my initials on it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thank you for returning it to me.
    greg

silverthwait, Jivvy, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

May be a slight gold wash. You might find the maker by searching the patents granted on that date.

6. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Oh, GH, I'm so happy for you as well! But only if you can prove to me that you actually have lingerie to pin?? No, wait, this isn't that kind of forum... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

judy, Bakersgma, silverthwait and 6 others like this.
  7. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Thank you, Terry! Any suggestions for how to phrase this on google or if there are actual websites you can go to and put in search dates? I gave it a try earlier and no joy. :( I've never done this...baby steps for a baby pin... :) Thanks again!

judy and kyratango like this.
  8. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

It does have a lovely color to it. It'd be nice to have a bit of gold. Actually too much would make me put it away. This way, if just a small amount, I'll wear it more often without fear. ;)

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

These were churned out by the thousand, so multiple companies may have used the same patent.

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, a goldwashed brass lingerie pin.

judy, kyratango and Zinnie like this.
  12. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

The final word - thank you, AJ :) and others as well! I won't pursue it further, just pin it to my coat and if anyone asks I can say exactly what it is (yes!). Those who do will be impressed by my knowledge; those who don't, may already know it's just one more pretty trinket from the box. :D

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

14. Zinnie

Zinnie Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted