Featured Victorian and Edwardian gold brooches ( mourning)

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Simona Buhus, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Raccoon1977

Raccoon1977 Well-Known Member

Hey Simona, a word of advice- be wary of sellers (especially ebay). Many have absolutely NO CLUE what they are talking about. On eBay especially, check their feedback, check their other listings and see that there is some accuracy to what they are listing. And always be careful when buying “unsearched lots“. They make it seem like there’s something really great in there when usually they’re all junk. That is my biggest beef with many sellers – they are just not honest. They’ll do anything to make a buck. I sell on eBay but am super careful to not make my items seem “more” than what they are, but not everyone thinks this way. So just be careful out there!

Bronwen, KSW and Figtree3 like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

If I am buying a lot there has to be something in there that will definitely cover my costs. I then look for items that are possibly good but not so sure.
    Then when I get it I filter out what I want to keep or flip and resell the rest as another job lot. I suspect there are a few necklaces that deserve frequent flier miles!.
    I will never buy without seeing something that will definitely cover my costs. I love buying lots as you never know what you will find!

Bronwen and Figtree3 like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I love lots and bundles, that ONE thing makes it worthwhile. Fairly sure I missed on a Neiger brooch, but I think someone else saw it, it went way too high.

Bronwen, Figtree3 and Raccoon1977 like this.
  4. Raccoon1977

Raccoon1977 Well-Known Member

I do the same!! I am not one that prices stuff really high and sits on it, so I have to be pretty sure it is good. And I have learned how to spot solid gold and sterling so that helps too.

Bronwen, Figtree3 and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted