Victorian Pins

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Estaterestate, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Estaterestate

Estaterestate Well-Known Member

He’s all look like Victorian pins of one sort or another. Can’t tell if they are gold or gold plated. EF1F561D-1863-4443-A92E-F2E97FC941EE.jpeg 7DAC5A06-9569-4C81-83BC-48AF5B00EB98.jpeg 4657BCC1-F4C9-4FAF-BEBD-C07E0591F014.jpeg 3A7FAB56-568E-42DC-836D-0579113BE903.jpeg F74B3523-8FC2-4174-A107-883892F313E5.jpeg 5E8B7C35-4869-487D-BB4D-1C025C1323B5.jpeg

another one, need to post back of last one above.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 and lovewrens like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What does this mean "of one dirt or another." ??

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the 1st one....very nice....does indeed look plated.

LauraGarnet02, judy and Xristina like this.
  4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Likely an auto spelling correction gone bad.
    He's s/b These and dirt s/b sort.
    I've turned that feature off.

5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

First one is not Victorian based on the clasp and hinge, looks like brass.

The second one may be Victorian but the photo cut off the hinge so I can't be sure, may be brass or possibly gold filled.

No photo of the back of the third one, possibly Victorian, can we see the back? May be gold filled.

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I was going to say Victorian Revival on the first one too - probably 1950s vintage. It wants to have a Carl-Art mark on the back, but seems blank. The second sure wants to be period, as does the third.

LauraGarnet02, kyratango and judy like this.
  7. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I am learning to automatically translate all the typos that speech to text and autocorrect make when I read other people's posts.

He's all look like Victorian pins of one dirt or another.
    Translates to:
    These all look like Victorian pins of one sort or another.

You saved me once by pointing out some gibberish while I still had time to edit the post. Komokwa saved me another time before it became permanent!!! Oh for the good old days when I had a keyboard and turned off spelling and autocorrect and all the typos were my own. :joyful:

8. Estaterestate

Estaterestate Well-Known Member

You are correct thanks for tip!

kyratango and judy like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

#1 Nice brooch. Post 1930, based on the clasp. I can see some verdigris, so brass or gilded.
    Again, the artificial light is a problem when trying to assess these. For instance, I can't even see if there is actually gilding or not. So I'll ask you again, in future, please take photos in daylight, on a light coloured background.

#2 Looks like costume. Antique hinge and C-clasp, so an antique piece.
    @Marie Forjan
    , you can just see one end of the hinge. But I agree, not the best photo to assess the age.;)

#3 From what I can see, it is antique. Could be gold plated, but we need to see more (daylight!).

#4 Either antique or later revival, photo of the back please.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    LauraGarnet02, kyratango and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted