Vignoli Faenza Italy Mediterranean Copper Glazed Styled Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

20180707_121255.jpg 20180707_121304.jpg 20180707_121315.jpg 20180707_121331.jpg 20180707_121343.jpg 20180707_121352.jpg 20180707_121408.jpg 20180707_121435.jpg Help ID maker of this beautiful bowl.

How old is it?

The bowl is 4" X 5 1/2"

How interesting the copper glaze is

images are on the way

komokwa likes this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

3. Mugzinnys

aaroncab email sent the link links to the two sisters I was wondering with Vignoli being a common last name if there might be other potters using the Vignoli name.curious
    Thanks aaroncab

hope Walter is around

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely bowl, Mugz. I can see why you might think this could be by another Vignoli, the work on their website seems to be different. Maybe yours is an older piece?
    'Our' very knowledgeable @Walter Del Pellegrino can no doubt tell us more.

Aaron, thanks for the link, that is a great site to browse, they make really amazing faience. This one is my favourite, it reminds me of the work of the Dutch artist M.C. Escher:
    • [​IMG]

komokwa and judy like this.
  5. Mugzinnys

Yes it could be perhaps an older item. The sister's site has one that is cover with sardines or some similar fish that is my favorite. I did not get a chance to look at the marks on other pieces by them to compare. On my way to a dawn flea market event will o find some comparable when I get back this evening. Thanks have a wonderful day all

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It think the fish are anchovies, and yes, it is gorgeous.
    Good hunting at the flea market!

judy likes this.
  7. Mugzinnys

aaroncab I was confused by the Bottega being absent from the pottery mark. I had a chance do do some comparable on some other pottery by Bottega Vignoli sisters and found your answer and link to the sisters 100% correct. My piece is so small compared to the very large pieces that they display online.

P.S. Sorry for the air of doubt and my sincere apology. Thanks for the link no futher clarification needed

aaroncab, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

No apology needed - I wasn't 100% sure myself - I just provided the link as a possibility - I'm really glad you found some comparable and know the maker now!

Mugzinnys and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted