vintage 28" Black Cloth doll with high heels and Large Breast

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by antiquelover69, Sep 9, 2020.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

Ok so this is the only way I can describe this doll,might sound funny but here goes.Vintage hand made cloth Black doll with cloth heels and large breast.I've never seen a doll like this one.Storage findShe has necklace,ring, SAM_2249.JPG SAM_2248.JPG SAM_2250.JPG SAM_2251.JPG SAM_2252.JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Party doll 1.0?

antiquelover69, judy and Lucille.b like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Shes a charming,if buxom, gal ! Id guess 1930s-40s . What is that gold thing around her neck ?

antiquelover69 and judy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Not as early as that IMO Johnny.

But who the heck knows.........

My guess is 50's on up.

pixieforpapa and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. antiquelover69

It's a cloth gold necklace

johnnycb09 likes this.
  6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I think she’s pretty wonderful (and probably mid century) but also think she’s a tough sell with current over the top internet limitations for sensitivity. She’d sell quickly on the internet but I’m not sure how she could be listed since Black Americana is no longer a category. I guess Dolls but If you’re going to try I’d suggest you painter’s tape over part of her boobs and play up the simulated high button boots. You can say that condition is perfect under the tape but that you didn’t want to list her in “mature”. Definitely leave enough exposed to show she’s “stacked” and I’d use a strip of bubble under the tape to protect against any residue or discoloration. Remove it after taking your pictures. My suggestions are strictly for internet selling.

antiquelover69 likes this.
  7. antiquelover69

Thanks sooo much!! I do understand,everybody has some type of sensitivity.I do collect Black Americana for years,it's my history that I'm interested.Just I don't do a lot of collecting dolls.I will listed under dolls and list as you stated.I really didn't know how I would list,but again thanks for all the information! she is pretty wonderful!

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I think she’s fabulous and think you should keep her but I also think she could be very collectible. Just be careful with your wording as I’d hate to see you have any negative issues From listing her. Personally, I think sensitivity on ethnic collectibles (in most categories and definitely in Black Americana which in my experience is mostly collected by black Americans) has gone crazy over the top.

I wear tons of ethnic clothing from Asia, Africa etc. and every time I get dressed I don’t know if someone is going to compliment me or bash me-in the past it was all compliments for all the exquisite international fabrics and clothing I’ve collected over a lifetime. I think it’s out of control, bordering on stupid and needs to be reined in. Equality and mutual respect is of supreme importance but IMO It’s not a lack of respect that drives most collectors to collect outside of their own histories and ethnicities. Good luck with your doll if you sell her!

antiquelover69 likes this.
  9. antiquelover69

I do agree with you,I see beauty in all cultures.Thanks

Northern Lights Lodge and reader like this.
  10. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

Me thinks she had augmentation!

reader likes this.
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

All in the eyes of the beholder!!!!!

12. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

13. antiquelover69

Thanks so much!!!!!