Vintage Cartier Trinity Bangle Bracelet Verification of Authenticity

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by JewelConscience, Jul 22, 2020.

?

Authenticity Verification

1. Genuine Cartier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fake

100.0%
  1. JewelConscience

JewelConscience New Member

I was looking for verification on this bangle. This piece is stamped in 2 of the 3 bangles CARTIER NY that tests as 14k gold. I'm dating this between 1950-1960. Since I have never seen a "Cartier NY" stamp I questions its authenticity. Has anyone seen this stamp in vintage Cartier pieces? Above one of the stamps I can see worn out engraving, possibly a serial number but it is impossible to decipher.

I also found one that was at auction but the stamp is not identical to mine.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/70865712_cartier-vintage-14k-tri-color-gold-trinity-bracelet

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

C8FE10C6-D7D3-4833-A339-F9028E931121.jpeg B2CD41AE-A165-4D76-B6EB-EEB8F85E422E.jpeg 3495EAC6-B550-4159-A0E3-221B86669AE1.jpeg Checking Full Image is easiest for us to see. :)

kyratango likes this.
  3. JewelConscience

4. i need help

It’s fine how it is. No worries. Now you know for next time. :)

5. i need help

6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Let me preface by saying I am NOT an expert with jewelry or Cartier.
    Now that's been said...
    This bookmark is the closest I've come to finding your mark. Seller claims 1930s.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Odd that your piece has no other marks or numbers.

i need help and JewelConscience like this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Hmmm, I've found the ribbed trinity design in rings but not bracelets... and always 18k, not 14k... and with the italic style font, not block style...

i need help likes this.
  8. JewelConscience

I agree with you until I found the one up for auction that was identical AND 14k but the stamp was not exactly the same. I'm completely thrown off.

i need help likes this.
  9. JewelConscience

I also do not feel that this is earlier than the '50's.

i need help likes this.
  10. JewelConscience

That bookmark definitely looks authentic and that is the first one I have seen with the NY. Thank you so much!

i need help likes this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone! Can't imagine anyone would counterfeit CARTIER using the NY mark. The quality of the mark is a bit concerning though. I suspect it's genuine but suggest you visit/contact CARTIER and see if they can give you more information. If I had to guess a date, I'd think 1960s because bangles were particularly popular then.

https://www.cartier.com/en-us/contact-us.html

Debora

JewelConscience and i need help like this.
  12. MaJa

MaJa Active Member

In my opinion ist is a fake/copy:
    Cartier does only 18k and only very,very rarely 14k (older pieces up to 1940s, I have never seen younger ones), the font/typeface is wrong, it is not numbered

reader likes this.
  13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

May I be wrong but I wouldn’t touch it. I own the Trinity ring and the Love bracelet and know of no 14k versions on that piece.Cartier works in 18K.

Also, agree that is not their font.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  14. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Also, you can certainly call them but I sure wouldn’t bring the piece into them as I don’t know if they confiscate counterfeits which is what I think you have.

15. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Just doesn't make sense for a counterfeiter to mark it 14k. Why wouldn't they have just stamped it 18k?

Debora

16. reader

reader Well-Known Member

For starters it probably would have been obvious from the gold color had it been stamped 18K. I can almost always tell by sight. That bracelet was probably illegally knocked from numerous 47th St. jewelers. I’m no Cartier expert but between the stamping (that’s not their font), the unevenness of the stamping and the karat I see a lot of issues and I think the owner needs to have it professionally authenticated. They should not bring it to Cartier until they ascertain whether that bracelet was ever made in 14K and whether that weird stamp ever existed. Even if counterfeit it has serious melt value.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    komokwa likes this.
  17. reader

reader Well-Known Member

You could try authenticate4u for $7.50. They do Cartier but I don’t know if their experts are versed on vintage pieces.They have a Facebook page and accept payment through PayPal. You could also send photos to Sotheby’s.

18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If it were mine, I'd take it into CARTIER, tell the representative that I'd recently inherited it and would like it polished. They would decline to provide service it if it wasn't their work. They would not, and have no authority, to confiscate it.

Debora

19. JewelConscience

That is the best advice so far. Thanks Debora.

20. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Please don't say "best." We work collaboratively here. There's lots of value in differing points of view.

Good luck with your bracelet. Fingers crossed.

Debora

Lucille.b, KSW, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted