Vintage Colibri Table Lighter - Onyx

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Niczn, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Niczn

Niczn Member

Bought this in a local store for $2, it is a vintage Colibri with white onyx base, would like to get it working again but can't seem to find a means of adding fuel / butane!

There is a threaded insert on the bottom but so far all I've seen in a plastic screw to hold the tank and base together.

I thought maybe the tank is two parts, as in the top of the tank unscrews or pulls out of the bottom half, almost like a sleeve. There does seem to be a small gap but I'm reluctant to force it through risk of bending the flint area.

Anyone have any ideas?

1.jpg 2.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

force it....
    it's 2 piece
    the lighter is being held in a metal sleeve..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. komokwa

hit it with some lube first.....penetrating oil...wd-40....

4. Niczn

Niczn Member

It took a while, but I managed to get it in the end.
    It was three pieces all stacked together, now I've added butane and it does catch light from another lighter, but the flame is very small, I think it may need more gas with a proper adapter or maybe the flame is just naturally small.

komokwa likes this.
  5. Niczn

Niczn Member

@komokwa - So, I took it all apart, cleaned it up, found a flint inside and filled it with some butane but I noticed when pressing the lighter trigger on top, it doesn't do anything except open the lid to reveal where the flame would be, there isn't a single part that spins the spark wheel, the wheel itself works alone when rolled by my thumb but that's it, any ideas what it could be or do you think there is a piece missing?

6. komokwa

the wheel should have a notch on one side that aligns with a notch on the flame hood , which as it opens up , would spin the wheel.....

I haven't looked at the specks for this design...... but many others similar ...

u may be missing a part,,,,, or have something out of alignment ...