Featured Vintage Cowboy Western Boots WHAT ERA? How to Size?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by vitry-le-francois, Jul 17, 2021.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Absolutely my favorite item I purchased all of last year! This sh*t kickers are so colorful! Anyway, when do you think they were made? The size isn't listed. How do you size shoes or boots? Thanks!

aboots1.jpg aboots11.jpg aboots10.jpg aboots3.jpg aboots4.jpg

kyratango, KLS5, Boland and 5 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those appear to be custom. Did you see the monogram?

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Cowboy boots are, of course, hard to date. The Ariz. abbreviation may date them to pre-1963 or (and more likely) the boot maker didn't bother to change his stamp when two letter state codes were introduced by USPS.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The colorway looks 1980s to my eye. These are his from 1950s, for comparison (according to the eBay sellers.)

Debora

Unknown.jpg ba21c191cba5ab891bb0d07e76746c58.jpg

6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A 14 American would be about a Euro 46 I'm told. I thought it was a 45.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Forgot to ask...men's or women's?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Those are amazing and IMO they’re older than 80s but the decade doesn’t matter as Vintage Fancy Multicolor Jesse Bogle Cowboy Boots 14 will do it if listing online. I’m not sure that the 14 is the size so doublecheck that by having someone around that size try them on. They should fit with some ride in the heel wearing a thick sock. You can also mention that they have a double sweetheart topline and multiple multicolor underlays and perfs. I think the initials are CK but that’s insignificant as I’d wear them and those aren’t my initials.

9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

if they’re a 14 definitely men’s but traditional vintage cowboy boots are all made on the same lasts. I only buy men’s and buy 2 sizes smaller than my US women’s size.

DizzyDaff, LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  10. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Jaw drop !!

You could be brad Pitt wearing those and know one would be looking at his face:)

komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Sounds like @reader knows the way around a pair of cowboy boot. And as for the initials, new owner could always change his/her name.

Debora

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    DizzyDaff, BoudiccaJones and reader like this.
  12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Debora, I think you are darn tootin right.

Debora and reader like this.
  13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I have pretty much lived in cowboy boots having ridden most of my life until orthopedic issues forced me to stop. I still wear cowboy boots all the time except in summer and have a great collection. I think those initials should absolutely be ignored-any change will always be an obvious repair although a name change LOL is a possibility! I think of those initials as another decorative element or “brand” on the boot. If they were my size, I’d want them. IMO they’re really outstanding.

evelyb30 and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ahhh. That explains. By way, I thought perhaps 1980s because of the colorway.

wallpaper.png

pearlsnblume likes this.
  15. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Those colors were used much earlier than the 80s for presentation and parade boots etc. but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t recopied later as well. I have multicolored brights that are definitely 50s.The only way to accurately date them is to get the company involved and personally I wouldn’t bother given internet apparent value and the knowledge that the company was sold so records may not be available.

If they’re being sold I think they’ll do best with a high price snd a Best Offer.

LauraGarnet02 and pearlsnblume like this.
  16. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I would suggest you contact David Espinoza at the link I provided. He apprenticed with Jess Bogle and bought his business. If anyone can provide information, it is he.

Debora

DizzyDaff and reader like this.
  17. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Those boots are Over the Top and way cool! Love the colour scheme. Wearing those boots must mean you own the ranch..

reader and pearlsnblume like this.
  18. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Or want to!

Boland and pearlsnblume like this.
  19. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

True!

reader likes this.
  20. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Snazzy AF! Almost a hint of Italian high end designer thrown in. Spaghetti westerns if you will.

Boland likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted