Vintage faux pearl chunky choker

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Mill Cove Treasures, May 15, 2018.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

There are no markings on this. I thought perhaps the clasp might be a clue to the maker. The back of the chunky pearls looks exactly like the front, if not for the clasp, it would be reversible. How old do you think this is? My guess , 40's or 50's? Thank you. P1340639 po1_edited-1.jpg P1340642ps1rs.jpg P1340645ps1rs.jpg P1340649ps1rs.jpg

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think 60s. I'm almost wondering if someone made and/or added that nice embellishment.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  3. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Thank you OBB. The pearls are all the same color and have the same "feel" so I thought it came this way. I would imagine it wouldn't be easy to find all these matching sizes.

judy likes this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with the dating, 1960s plus or minus. I've certainly had necklaces with that clasp before. Thinking maybe Japan ? (for the clasp at least).

I have to say that my very first thought too was that this was homemade by someone with some skill, possibly an artisan piece ? The embellishment just doesn't look mass produced, but could be wrong.

Nice that it is hand knotted (if I'm seeing that correctly).

I have a feeling this will be a tough one to ID -- but maybe someone here will get lucky and find a match! Nice necklace.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd have grabbed that one, it's unsual.

Draft saved Draft deleted