Vintage green pottery pitcher Help ID maker incise pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

20170415_165656.jpg 20170415_165700.jpg 20170415_165707.jpg 20170415_165717.jpg 20170415_165725.jpg 20170415_165759.jpg 20170415_165811.jpg 20170415_165827.jpg 7 1/2" tall
    there are no marking on the bottom, look like it has some age to it crazing throughout.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Forgive me, Mugzinnys, but you put this (lovely) piece of pottery in the Books Forum, where I doubt the pottery folks who can help will see it. Perhaps you should contact the moderators so they can move it for you?

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Done. :)

*crs* and antidiem like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It was here already, but with thumbnails.

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yes and now there are two.

I like it!

6. Mugzinnys

Yes I made the mistake of putting it in the book section sorry. I would like a moderator to delete the one with the thumbnail if possible thanks bookahtoo and bakersgma

antidiem likes this.
  7. Mugzinnys

Thanks everyone Can anyone think of a search term for the grooves or notches in the incised design on this pitcher. I can not seem to find anything similar maybe swirl or ?

antidiem likes this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Rope twist for design at the bottom?
    Don

antidiem likes this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think it was made by a talented student. There's just something about the handle and the glaze.

antidiem likes this.
  10. antidiem

hand thrown on a wheel

11. antidiem

can see the mark of where it was cut off with a wire

12. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Looks like an early stoneware/yellow ware pitcher to me. c1920s or so. If it had been cut off a potters wheel with a wire it would have more marks that would appear circular

dgbjwc likes this.
  13. antidiem

No not necessarily. The small bead around the center looks hand tossed too..

14. antidiem

Please look for a seam, OP. :cat:

15. antidiem

..And in the center it actually looks to have the hand tossed finger marks (ribbings - can you see those?) so until OP responds, we just don't know..

Draft saved Draft deleted