Vintage milk glass punch bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Thriftyfinds, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Thriftyfinds

Thriftyfinds New Member

Hi there.

How do I tell if something is vintage or authentic? This beauty has no markings whatsoever. Well. Except the cups are numbered on the bottom. But that's all I got.

Help?

Attached Files:

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It looks like milk glass to me, but I am not sure if it is vintage.

Thriftyfinds likes this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Punch bowls are usually vintage because they are simply not popular items to own anymore. I've actually had the one you show myself before and see it occasionally in my local suburban thrifts. I believe its by Anchor Hocking. The grapes/leaves pattern is supposed to give the idea of a wine-based punch. A complete set would include 12 cups and a stand.

Editing to add:
    $34.99 plus shipping for this set, sans stand, but including hooks and ladle.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1853528436...GS0nkvUrhTXSO2YSIMNIRYZZn2leJyM4aAufLEALw_wcB

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. Thriftyfinds

Thriftyfinds New Member

Yes! Thank you! I found this online. But how do I know if this is what I actually have with no markings?

6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Safe bet that it is because it's exactly the same.

7. Thriftyfinds

Thriftyfinds New Member

Sweeeeeeet. I got the bowl with 12 cups for $5! That's a steal lol

I figured it was probably not that brand because it doesn't have the marking?

antidiem and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted