Vintage NFL Caps? Do they have value?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Joe2007, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Saw a 1980's New England Patriots cap at the thrift store a few days ago and was wondering if vintage sports gear sold well for any of you folks on the forum. It was commemorating 25 years of football for the team and had a large oversized logo. Condition wasn't perfect and it had some stains. I didn't get it due to the stains but I'm wondering if I made the correct call or not since it only would have been $2.

Your Thoughts?

judy likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sometimes, but the damaged stuff is generally a waste of time unless it's REALLY old. I wouldn't have bothered with the cap. A jersey from the same era at that price would be a no-brainer.

Joe2007 likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

A friend had a huge lot of those knitted caps with the team colors and logo badges ..all vintage 70's and 80's.....for the most part she sold them well on eBlech....
    She did best at playoff time...with the teams that were in the hunt..!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted