Featured Vintage Plaster cast- B.W.R.B 1926?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Boland, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

E52DC5BA-4C68-40C4-BA3A-F0528DBA0469.jpeg B3A65C70-BB11-4C01-905D-5A53A134F8DB.jpeg A less than $1 junk shop find.This small plaster cast is evidently of Aunt Mill Wright who was part of the Adrian Dominican Sister’s-Portfolio Advisory Board (PAB) Not sure why the reference to Beaumont? Also what does B.W.R.B stand for? None of the definitions I found makes sense. Any idea please?Thank you and keep well

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Its the initials of Baron William Richard Beaumont
    B.W.R.B

3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. Ha ha,well that’s embarrassing! Obviously not a very bright question from my side. Talk about an answer starring you in the face!!

LauraGarnet02, judy and daveydempsey like this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Its just one of those moments:hilarious:

You are not alone, I posted something on the wrong thread and in fact the wrong forum in the early hours a few days ago, I had two windows open and it was a harmless quote in the right forum but was insulting on this one.

5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I can see how that makes for
    “interesting’ situation..But as you say:It happens! Thanks for ‘sugar coating’ my dumb question..

LauraGarnet02 and daveydempsey like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I see "Nell" not Mill in her name. Where does the Portfolio Advisory Board come from? I see that Pa B as her brother not an organization. The line below says "Pa B's sister." Her maiden name would have been Beaumont.

LauraGarnet02, Boland and Bronwen like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OK, guys 'n gals, duke it out.....I think I see Nill....but it's SO hard to tell!!!! Presented here BOTH enlarged 2X.....Inverted and NOT Inverted...:happy::happy:

TOP-HALF-GIGAPIXEL-2X-INVERTED.jpg
    TOP-HALF-GIGAPIX-2X-NORMAL.jpg

i need help, LauraGarnet02 and Boland like this.
  8. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Thanks for the images and comment

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  9. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I was thinking it reads PaB’s sister (so a sister in the PAB so that is what I assumed and what I searched for) I agree I was probably wrong. Then the 3rd line says: Mother of Lala? That makes more sense. But I still think it might be a M but maybe if it is indeed a N then not Nell,(I don’t think the second letter is an e and Nill doesn’t make sense) Do you have different opinion as to what B.W.R.B stands for? Thanks for the comments

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  10. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

All and all it made for interesting reading and a bit of research (even if I was wrong)! Plus I also like it. All that for less that a dollar. That’s a bargain :)

Aquitaine and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

A different opinion from whom? I think it is clear from position on the page that it stands for the full name above it - Baron William Richard Beaumont.

Aquitaine likes this.
  12. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Ok. Just wanted to check. Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted