Vintage Porcelain Lamp?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LondonLuxe, Jul 20, 2019.

1. LondonLuxe

LondonLuxe New Member

Good Morning Darlings! I hope everyone is having a beautiful Saturday. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of lamp this is. Any experts know what it is? Thank you so much!!

Attached Files:

2. LondonLuxe

LondonLuxe New Member

Not sure if this “lettering” is the makers mark?

Attached Files:

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Not a mark, but if you can safely take it apart and look at the bottom of the pottery, there could be one.

4. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

i think maybe it's a "Gone with the wind" lamp ,

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

1950s ,possibly Italian figurine but probably Japanese. This style was beloved by ladies of a certain era and theres zillions out there. Not terribly collected or valuable now.

antidiem likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

What he said, unfortunately. They don't have much of a following any more, but pairs will sell. The lady originally came with a gentleman as a rule.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Sorry no. A Gone with the Wind lamp was originally an oil lamp consisting of two ball shapes. Later electrified.
    Shape is like this

upload_2019-7-20_10-16-47.png

gregsglass likes this.
  8. lloyd249

yes i know that one is actually called the gone with the wind lamp , i meant gone with the wind, southern belle type lamp .i looked it up there is a few .

9. lloyd249

picked this up today and I thought it was ceramic because it was all black ,looked at the bottom ,it was not painted and swirly ,so i bought it for four bucks and now i'm scraping the paint off of it will take a pic after i'm done it is in the kitchen sink it's big and weights 18 pounds DSC08213.JPG DSC08216.JPG DSC08215.JPG
    okay cleaned up
    DSC08225.JPG DSC08224.JPG DSC08223.JPG DSC08222.JPG DSC08229.JPG DSC08231.JPG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  10. lloyd249

that figural lamp i put up is marked ,and says it's the huckleberry finn lamp , i was waiting for someone to recognize it ,and say something lol

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted