Vintage porcelain tiles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Jun 24, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

FA2408CA-9F15-407B-A8B6-69DF4ED64DA3.jpeg Scored a box full of these nice vintage tiles on the cheap. Wondering where and when they might be from? I was guessing 50’s-70’s but that’s just a guess. I figure they could also be earlier. I also have no idea how much they should sell for? I know we don’t talk a lot about value here but if anyone has an educated opinion on a per piece price I would be interested to hear it. They are 4”sq and I have over 50 of them. DFE0B1FB-FAC8-42E0-B1A9-8ED85EAA62F3.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Porcelain is made of white clay, so these are earthenware. ;)

bercrystal and J Dagger like this.
  3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Here's an eBay listing that seems very similar to your tiles:

upload_2022-6-25_10-38-4.png

J Dagger and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

bercrystal and J Dagger like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Tin glazed terracotta is a term.

bercrystal, J Dagger and Bakersgma like this.
  6. J Dagger

Ah yes. Thanks for correcting me.

bercrystal likes this.
  7. J Dagger

Thanks for finding those examples y’all. Hopefully I can sell them in one shot. Got them for a fiver if I recall correctly so while they aren’t gold that’ll do. I did get a box full of much more interesting & diverse tiles at an auction recently. I’ll be needing some assistance with those I’m sure.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted