Vintage reverse carved bakelite button

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by Zinovia, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Zinovia

Zinovia Member

Good morning to everyone, I found in my grandmother's belongings a button which I believe is an applejuice reversed carved bakelite one. Does anybody know how to date it and/or price it? The shank is missing and somebody tried to glue it on, so there is glue on the back. I wonder how to get rid of it without damaging the button. IMG_20230723_085237.jpg IMG_20230723_085304.jpg

2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a '40s apple juice reversed carved bangle I had a decade ago. I think a good guess would be 1940s plus or minus.

Zinovia, Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

We don't really do values here, but if you check on "Ebay SOLD" under "apple juice reversed carved button" you can get a price range as there are quite a few different ones that sold. I think with the damage yours is not going to be too much. You'd have to get the glue off, replace the shank, and I'm not sure the final value would be worth that trouble. I'm wondering if someone might be interested as a craft piece though. I'd donate it at a minimum if you wind up passing it along. Best of luck.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    Any Jewelry and Zinovia like this.
  4. Zinovia

Zinovia Member

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.

Lucille.b and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted