Vintage Rose tie tac or lapel pin

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by rknarr2, Jan 23, 2020.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have this rose tie tac or lapel pin? The dimensions with tie tac and chain is around 2" long. The rose is about 3/8" diameter. I would like to find out if this is a lapel pin or tie tac, the decade it is from and the material. Does this rose look gold toned or silver toned? The pin on the back is at the side of the rose. Does the location of the pin on the object help to determine whether it is a lapel pin or tie tac? Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_9298small.JPG IMG_9301small.JPG IMG_9303small.JPG IMG_9314small.JPG

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi rknarr2,
    Almost all of your posts are common men's fashion posts of 1950 to 1970 . If any thing is really valuable it would be marked with either Sterling or 10, 12 or 18 Kt gold. If unmarked unless they are from a much older age they will not be really valuable. I did find a pair of cuff links that had a valuable indian head cent from the 1960s. The cuff link was from the 1960s the Indian head cent was from 1903.
    greg

3. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Do you think this was a tie tac or lapel pin particularly with the pin on the side of the rose? Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob

Draft saved Draft deleted